28 Feb Sea Captain’s House – We Give Back!
Sea Captain’s House has been a staple in the Myrtle Beach community for over 50 years. As a restaurant we love serving award-winning seafood with an oceanfront view, but also feel it’s important to give back to our fellow neighbors. With Valentine’s Day – a day dedicated to love – falling in February, we thought we’d share the ways we spread love around the Grand Strand through our time, finances, and of course – with our fresh, local seafood.
This coming March, we’re excited to be involved in helping out at the Joy Prom at Beach Church in Myrtle Beach. Joy Prom is a special event that’s created for those with special needs that gives them a night of dinner, dancing and plenty of fun. Last year, the event was such a success that they had to split the prom into two times this year to accommodate everyone who wants to attend. This year Joy Prom will take place on March 30th at 11am and 6pm. In anticipation of around 1200 guests, we’re excited to not only provide fresh food for the entire event, but send some volunteers to serve at both proms!
Although we’re fortunate enough to experience mild weather year round, there are still those times the Grand Strand experiences a random cold snap in the winter. Over Christmas, one of our servers organized a Coat Drive, where we collected old and new coats for those in need. During that time we also collected several large bags of clothes that we donated to the local Salvation Army.
Every fall, there’s a fundraiser for the St. Andrew’s Catholic School that involves all the local restaurants around Myrtle Beach. Everyone gathers at the Myrtle Beach Convention Center in September for a night of live music, craft beer and wine, and plenty of food samplings. The area chefs compete in a friendly competition to take home honors such as ‘Best Entree’, ‘People’s Choice Award’. We’re proud to have taken home First Place for ‘Best Dessert’ for quite a few years in a row. Ask about trying one of those desserts next time you dine with us.
From giving our time to donating gift certificates, here is a list of local organizations we have supported over the past year:
– Celebration Presbyterian Church
– Beach Ball Classic
– American Cancer Society
– Relay for Life
– Red Hats
– Horry Georgetown Technical College Fund
– Socastee High School Athletics
– Carolina Forest High School Theater & Show Choir
– Heartland Hospice Services
– Ronald McDonald Charity of Charleston
– JDRF – Palmetto Pee Dee Walk for Juvenile Diabetes
– St. Michael’s Catholic School
– Helping Hand of Myrtle Beach
– Horry Georgetown Technical College Foundation
– Carolina Master Chorale
– American Red Cross
– Coastal Carolina University Coastal Education Foundation
– Miss Ruby’s Kids
– Hope for the Warriors
– Myrtle Beach JROTC Booster Club
– Coastal Animal Rescue
– Conway Healthcare Chiropractic Care & Rehab
– Peabon Woolie Foundation
– Sons and Daughters of Italy
– Yancey Humane Society
– Boys & Girls Club
– Horry County Shane “Bubs” Memorial Mini Golf Tournament
– Literacy Council
– Team First Book – Horry County
– Coastal Leadership Academy
– Barnabas Horse Foundation
– Special Needs Family Day
– Folds of Honor Golf Tournament
When you’ve been in one location for a long time, the patrons start to become more like family than customers. Sea Captain’s loves being in involved in local events and investing in the Myrtle Beach community. We look forward to the upcoming Joy Prom in March, Taste of the Town in the fall and any other fundraising events coming up this year!