24 Oct Pumpkin Pie the Captain’s Way
Here’s a simple recipe for Pumpkin Pie that is sure to be a hit at your next holiday party!
1 Pie Shell
15 oz Pumpkin Puree
14 oz Sweet Condensed Milk
2 Whole Eggs
1 Tsp Cinnamon
1/2 Tsp Ginger
1/2 Tsp Nutmeg
1/2 Tsp Salt
Directions to make:
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine the eggs, pumpkin puree and sweet condensed milk while continously whisking ingredients while adding to the bowl.
3. Add the cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and salt while continuing to whisk.
4. Whisk ingredients until smooth.
5. Pour contents of large mixing bowl into the pie shell.
6. Bake for 15 minutes. Reduce the oven temperature to 350 degrees and bake 40 to 50 minutes longer. Pie is ready when knife is inserted in center and comes out clean.
7. Let cool and drizzle honey over the top of the pie.
8. Cut and serve.
9. Add a scoop of whip cream and sprinkle cinnamon over top.